PRODUCTION FINANCING & CRTC CERTIFICATION
Need some help with the myriad of rules of Canada’s government funding agencies, private funding programs and tax credits? I’ve reviewed hundreds of finance plans, and have often pointed out areas to keep producers out of financial hot water!
International treaty co-productions and co-ventures add more layers to think about. As your entertainment lawyer, I can help you keep the moving parts in order.
Equity investments may also be crucial in bringing your productions to life. I’ll discuss your plans and structure your deals to help you comply with Canada’s securities regulations.
Just book a consultation to discuss strategy or have your finance plan reviewed.
Here’s a summary of just some of the areas where we can work together:
- Equity Investments
- Federal and Provincial Tax Credits
- Government Funding Agencies (Canada Media Fund, Telefilm Funds, OMDC …)
- Private Funding Programs (Rogers, Bell, Telus and more)
- Interim Financing (Bank and Private Lender Loans)
- Chain Of Title Legal Opinions Required for Financing
- Assignment and Direction of Payment Agreements
- International Treaty Co-Productions (Telefilm Canada)
- CRTC Canadian Program Certification and Co-Ventures
77 Bloor St. West, Suite 600
Toronto, ON M5S 1M2