FILM & TELEVISION PRODUCTION
You’re an artist who’s also running a business, and that business needs legal support to understand your production world, not just “paper your deals.” In other words, you need an entertainment lawyer with a comprehensive approach.
I have the necessary legal, business and production knowledge to get you what you need. We’ll look at the most practical ways to get results. With more complex deals, I’ll help you navigate your way through the process and successfully negotiate.
Here are a few examples of agreements that I can draft and negotiate on your behalf:
- Option-purchase and licence agreements for underlying rights (novels, screenplays, life rights)
- Agreements for writers, directors, producers, executive producers, actors, composers, and crew
- Host agreements
- Co-development agreements
- Inter-provincial co-production agreements
- Treaty co-production agreements
- Personal release forms, location release forms
- Licences for film clips, photographs, and music
Do you have something unusual related to production that’s not included in the list above? That’s often my favourite type of deal! I have years of experience working on complex, multi-party agreements. I’ll break down the issues for you, discuss options from a legal and business perspective, and help you negotiate.
77 Bloor St. West, Suite 600
Toronto, ON M5S 1M2